Neighbor Solutions

To join: http://www.neighborsfromhell.com/index.html#msgbd
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Court
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:09 pm 
Venerable

Well for anybody who is still interested in my ongoing neighbor problems, the hearing for the civil restraining order was nearly a week ago. I am still recovering as the whole thing was very difficult and quite an ordeal. For those who don't want to read a lengthy post , to cut to the chase, the verdict is still out . Nfh showed up with two people who are supposedly neighbors and two family members and eight letters supposedly from other neighbors as character references. The hearing officer acting as a judge threw out the eight letters as hearsay. That is , because the people were not there and they were not sworn affidavits, they did not hold up in court. Nfh could've written them all herself. I never saw the two people she claimed were her neighbors before and one was wearing sunglasses throughout so I'm not sure if they were truly neighbors or just friends of hers from somewhere. The whole thing was pretty much a nightmare. Nfh's defense was to call me names and state I was crazy and a liar.

As the hearing officer had already committed violations of the law , I went in prepared to ask for an appeal after the hearing. That is I did not expect things to go well for me. However what happened in court was so outrageously unfair that I finally lost my patience and decided to take the advice of one of the lawyers I consulted. He advised me to object to everything Nfh said because she had not filed a response which is required under the law and under the law the hearing officer should've given me a default judgment . So finally I did object to something Nfh said , mainly to get it on the record and prepare for an appeal defense. I knew this would get the hearing officer angry and it did. She seemed very biased on the part of Nfh, who played it to the hilt that they were both Hispanic. Be that as it may, I did argue back to the hearing officer that the fact that Nfh had not responded was grounds for an appeal. I do think this flustered her a bit, despite a bunch of legal babble from her in response. She was clearly leaning toward ruling against me until I brought this up. I truly believe that the only reason that she said she wanted more time to review things before reaching a decision was because I stated I would appeal and she had given me grounds to appeal due to legal errors if she ruled against me.

It was a nightmare. Nfh was such a jerk and so stupid that she did not use legitimate things that she could have against me. Apparently she did not see my cat jump onto her roof, which would've been a legitimate complaint. I suspect my cat did damage some shingles on her roof when he jumped up there but I'm not sure as I never really looked at her roof that closely before. Also one reason the police officer gave Nfh a criminal no trespass order was because I asked the police if I could shoot her if she did it again. ( they said no ). This would have been a very valid concern against me, but since everything out of her mouth was a lie , apparently she did not even think of using the truth. That said, having to listen to about 35 minutes of lies and slander did take a big toll on me . We can all be logical and tell each other not to let the actions of any Nfh get to us but at the end of the day it is very difficult to deal with.

I have decided my problems here are a combination of discrimination against white people and a terrible police force. The hearing officer had ordered the detective on the case to turn over whatever I wanted in terms of evidence. When I went to get it, I then found out there was nothing. He never did any investigation which is why he refused to turn over the results in the first place and he lied in court when he stated there were things I could get from the police evidence room that were not there. He admitted this to the evidence technician clerk because he had to give some reason why they were not there .

I cannot live like this anymore and plan out to leave New Mexico somehow and someway. If the verdict does not come back in my favor, I will appeal. At this point I just feel numb about everything and that the laws are all on the side of the criminal.

Post subject: Re: Court
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:40 pm 
Veteran

DANG ToT, this is just crazy. Are you trying to just get a restraining order? I thought you had cameras. My NFH is so bored with not getting her kicks off harassing me that she now goes out of town with her husband on his buisness trips. He has to babysit her so she won't get into trouble. We cannot step outside our house for ANY reason until she appears. I wear an armband to hold my cell phone and she knows what it's capable of along with cameras all over our property and on my car ( dash cam). We ignore her which pisses her off. She knows I'll call the cops in a heartbeat and they are prepared to do something if I call them. We are preparing a case with our SAO. This will end and she will not violate us any longer. They have everything to loose.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:46 pm 
Venerable

Hi hadit. I am glad to hear things are going better with you and your situation . Yes I'm just trying to get a restraining order . I didn't think I would have to take on the whole blankety-blank establishment the police and city hall and so on. Last night I had to seriously resist getting in my car and just driving the heck out of here. I believe my cat sensed it because he cried constantly and also all night and was generally in a panic .

My Nfh is having a great time , apparently having made it her mission since I moved in to drive me out of here. I found out the hearing officer who stated she would mail the verdict is on medical leave until at least March . In the meantime my Nfh is flying around in her witch mobile ( Black car with black tinted windows .). She is so excited I'm sure she thinks she won. I am getting weird mail like express packages about inspections and other mail for people who don't live here and never did. I believe she was instigating it and is trying to get ready for the next neighbor . As Donald Trump said about one situation, he found it hard to believe anybody can be so evil to the face of another person , that is how I feel about this Nfh. Who does she think she is to drive me out of my house just because she wants to have a different neighbor ? It is unbelievable . Well it is very depressing and I really can't take living like this much longer. I am ready to appeal the court decision if I have to . This whole city is so corrupt who knows if I win on anything that I should . My health is seriously deteriorated and I have to get that back before I can do anything . During this whole ordeal all I have heard many horror stories very similar to mine and some even worse so I really do think it is New Mexico and then I just have to get out here somehow. I think Albuquerque was just rated the most dangerous city in the country and New Mexico is in the top five of everything bad , violent crime and poverty, corruption and so on - not to mention education and illiteracy .

This is draining me as I can't fight all the world or the world as it stands and New Mexico . I did just file a complaint against the police with internal affairs for whatever good that will do .

Yes I have cameras but she avoids them or has stopped jumping the wall in the backyard . The only thing that has changed about her ways is she started stealing from my next-door neighbor as well as me . I think I talked about this before . She stole that neighbor's solar lights and put them in her own yard . A nearby neighbor moved after she did that . I am really having trouble coping and it seems I am spending most my time watching jewelry tv and buying too much . With so much ugliness around me I need an escape but I don't want to run myself into debt.

I have been wondering how the lady who moved to Montana is doing . I am trying to remember her screen name but she said she was very happy there after moving to escapee her NsFh. I know I have a Facebook friend in Montana who keeps posting about all the snow there.

I seriously can't take much more of this. My life has been a nightmare since I moved to New Mexico in general . The people here are so ignorant that they think this is the way it is everywhere and I don't know any better .

It is sickening to see my Nfh so happy about this and so happy about torturing me and she is really getting off on it in this sick perverted way . Now the betrayal by the police, it is just too much . I have really lost interest in most things in life at this point . I hope I don't bankrupt myself with my jewelry buying. I returned so many things to jewelry television recently , The post office clerk thought I was an eBay seller . I might give that a try since I'm stuck at home and JTv has so many good bargains and I like watching the show as much as I can.

I wish I had better news but I don't . I am sure that hearing officer knew she would be taking a medical leave so it is just flat out depressing for her to be such a blankety blank that's to drag this out even longer and prolong this misery in waiting for her verdict.

I do have a glimmer of hope from two psychics that I called. The first one said I would win but there would be a delay . The second one said I would win after a 90 day delay. That was before I learned the hearing officer was on medical leave for over a month . The court clinic lawyers are joking that if that last psychic is right that they want her number. I believe if I win it will only be because I threatened the hearing officer with an appeal and she doesn't want to look bad. I know I am right and have grounds to appeal her errors of law and the court clinic lawyer gave me the legal citations I need to prove it. Still this is not much consolation stuck next to this maniac next-door. I would like to have a life again and better quality of life rather than constantly being in court and fighting the police and NsFh. Well take care thanks for writing.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:55 pm 
Venerable

Still no verdict. I learned the hearing officer is on medical leave until at least March. NFH apparently got restless and is harassing me again. The other night, my dog seemed to want to go potty early so I let her out. She ran to our dividing wall, barking all the way, so NFH was trespassing or close enough to the wall to alarm my dog. It was dark so I am not sure what she was doing. It really upset me, as I was so tired of being upset by things she was doing that I didn't even go outside for the prior 2 days. And despite this, she is still trying to upset me by sneaking around at night enough to get my Doberman after her. She is a good guard dog and does not bark without cause.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:00 pm 
Venerable

Due to the lack of verdict in my restraining order case , my Nfh is getting worse in harassing me. We have all talked about this and not being able to understand it , but I have to say I still just don't get it . Right now I am experiencing some bad health and so this behavior is getting to be more than it normally would because I am stuck in the house for longer than I normally would be . I am not sure how much longer I can stand this . I was sent to the emergency room yesterday and at one point was afraid they would keep me there in the hospital . I was very glad when I could finally leave after four hours and some treatment and tests . That yesterday was the day before trash day and so I had to pull myself together enough at least to get the trash collected and put it outside . This took four trips to the trash can. On the second trip I started hearing Nfh. I was so out of it I started wondering why I was hearing her . But on the third trip she got louder and noisier and it turned out that she was hiding and waiting in her garage with the door open with some people . She watches me so closely she knows my schedule and that I only had two more hours of daylight to get the trash can out and I am sure she was waiting there to harass me as usual . It was very awful because I had had a health scare earlier and there she was just standing around with nothing else to do except make my life miserable again in the best way she could . I really am not sure how much more of this I could take . I did go on the Internet for this kind of thing because there's not been much posting here lately . I found plenty of similar stories of people being harassed for no good reason but that their neighbor is crazy or a criminal or both . I have posted on this board for a long time and from the time I started posting it seems that bad neighbors and bad behavior by them have skyrocketed . Nearly everybody I know, at least in my area here New Mexico , has had at least one bad neighbor situation or knows somebody that has. Similarly , there are now umpteen stories on the Internet and many forums to discuss bad neighbor behavior . It seems to me that from the time I first joined this forum, these type of situation has multiplied by several times . If I recall correctly , this was one of the first forums to discuss this kind of situation and to popularize it .

Be that as it may , and despite my experience and long term suffering with this kind of thing, uncalled for harassment and crimes by bad neighbors still bother me very much and I have not learned to cope with them . I feel that I am now at a breaking point because my health is so bad that all the stress may be contributing to my inability to recover . I never could stand cruelty for the sake of cruelty. To experience it over and over again is really taking a toll on me. I am tired of living scared and being afraid to go outside my house and of somebody robbing me of my joy of life just because they are evil and nasty people . I once believed that nobody was evil for the sake of being evil, but I have seen too many people that are just that .

I would really like some encouragement or possible coping skills from anybody that may wish to respond . I cannot keep moving and running scared even if I could afford it.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:38 pm 

Tot, we moved six times in CA, then moved to another state and found peace. Right after we found peace, my husband die's. It was all too much.

I have noticed, people like to harass single women. I'm now an outcast. Jealousy is the root behind a lot of it. No matter how bad these people treat me, follow and taunt me, I won't be stuck in my house anymore. I have to walk, I can't drive. Now, that I'm alone, It's the same old game...

People have too much time on their hands. There once was a time people cared and helped neighbors. We live in the internet age now, this has changed the way people relate.

Bigotry, couples only, young families and singles. This is the way most neighborhoods break down.
I live in a senior couples, neighborhood. I'm a younger female (Widow) single, living alone. The senior widows don't have it as bad but they get shunned too.

I have to walk everywhere. I'm viewed as a threat. Yes, several husband have already hit on me. I declined everyone. Did I ask for it, "No". I decline every offer for rides, that's how they start up conversations. They want me to move, (They're always asking when or if I'm moving) because they can't control the situation.

It's all about control, take your life back and refuse to be controlled.

You see when my husband was alive we had no problems here. Now he's gone, it's starting all over.
There are so many reasons why things like this happen.

I don't care anymore what or how they react, I will move again and I'll have new neighbors that will harass and be awful. I can't drive so I'm always an easy target. Times have changed, it used to be safer for women that didn't drive. Public transportation has gotten a lot scarier, the times are scarier.
Just walking to and from the bus stop has gotten scarier. Times change sometimes not for the better.
I hope you find peace..

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:10 pm 
Venerable

Thank you for your answer speedy. I am having a very difficult time and I'm sorry to hear of all that you went through and are continuing to go through . Did you move so often due to harassing neighbors when your husband was alive? Seems that is the implication. I am not sure what it is but people just seem hateful these days . Seems to be getting worse and worse.

I do agree that people like to harass single women. I knew two women, one of whom I am still friendly with, that had no problems until their husbands left them either temporarily or permanently. One living on my former St. continues to be badly harassed, especially by her rear male neighbors who would not take no for an answer and continued to sexually harass her. This was one of many incidents but it was the worst. After her husband divorced her, she started going through the same things that I had been going through. We both lived on the same street and around the same people. The last time I drove by her house she had a huge bamboo shield up around the gate and a blanket over her front window so I assume she is still having these problems. We don't talk anymore though. Another lady was temporarily separated from her husband and also encountered not only harassment but many men such as repairmen trying to take advantage of her. She was still in touch with her husband during this temporary separation and he would always have to come down and help her. Possibly this is one reason they got back together.

One of my worst NsFh was a single man who lived across the street from me when I moved in. Every day he was outside staring at me, but he was very sneaky about it and hiding that he was doing this. Eventually he was trying to be my friend and at that time I was having problems with my druggy neighbors, so I was happy to have anybody as a friend. I did not suspect him of ulterior motives, but he did have. Of course anytime a man pays attention to a single woman, the thought occurs that he may be interested in more than friendship, but I was not interested in him in that way and I thought I made it clear. I did encourage him to date other women and finally he did and married one and then things got even worse. But apart from being single, I always sensed that he had a mean streak in him and that was one of the reasons I did not want to date him. I do not think everybody's hateful to single women but there are many who are and as you said, many who are threatened. After this Nfh's wife left him, two single women moved into a house nearby. As he did with me, he was outside every day watching them, but he was a little more obvious than when he was doing it to me. After a few weeks of this, theyhad some men come over to stay with them. I am not sure if they were relatives or what. After the men came, that Nfh stopped watching them obsessively and crawled back into his home and left them alone.

My current Nfh is a single older woman, she often has her sons visit her. There is always trouble when they come and I am not sure what she has said about me. She never plays on a level playing field. She only harasses me when they are here, or when she has other people with her and so on. She has befriended a married couple next-door to her, but seeing how twisted she is, I really cannot believe they are truly friends because she only is concerned about herself and manipulating people. That said, she has often played the victim to them and turned them against me. When the police made her raise the dividing wall between our backyards, she also raised the dividing wall between herself and this married couple. This also made me wonder how friendly they truly are despite appearances.

I do know that it is about power and control, as you said, but it still bothers me. Truly this woman terrifies me. I am still scared from the last incident where she was hiding in her garage with someone and trying to intimidate me when I took the trash out. I don't scare that easily but she is very creepy and threatening. There are kind people in this world, but she is mean and evil and I am sure she has done the same things to other people as she's doing to me, because she is too good at it and not getting caught.

It would help if the other neighbors would do something, but as you say they are married couples who will only talk to each other and not talk to me.

I did find in the Los Angeles area that there are more single career women who are able to live their lives without so much grief as in suburbia, which is more often couples. Even if the woman is working here, it is usually for the money and not as a career or lifestyle choice.

I don't want to bash all men, but most do seem to see single women as available to them and do not seem able to believe that a woman has the same rights to live their own life as a single person without a man that they do. Even in my last rental home in the Los Angeles area , after about three years my landlord started to sexually harass me and after about seven years, my next-door neighbor turned into an Nfh, doing the same thing. I just called my landlord's wife after too much of this, and asked her to please come with her husband whenever he had to come to my home because he was making me uncomfortable. My landlord was furious that I did this, but his wife did get the point and did come to my home whenever he did after that. This stopped most of the problems but that every time I had a date, the landlord would show up the next day asking questions. When I finally did find a man that I was interested in, the landlord went crazy and threatened me and this man and called us both names. At this point it was too much for me and I finally did move after 15 years of living in the same place which I considered my home.

I really am not sure what the answer is anymore. I had no problems at my first apartment in New Mexico. The management and the neighbors were nice and I enjoyed living there. However I wanted to own my own house and when I finally did that, is when things got really bad. Now I am in my second house that I had hoped to make my home and things are even worse than they were in my first house. I find this very heartbreaking and discouraging. My other next-door neighbor is also a single older woman and she does not bother me at all and stays to herself. My Nfh is also harassing her to a lesser extent than me. This despite that we are all single. The Nfh has stolen this woman's solar lights from her front yard and put them in her own yard for everybody to see. She is very bold and hateful. Nfh recently also kicked all my landscaping gravel all over the place and to a lesser extent, she did the same to my other neighbor. That neighbor has not said anything to me or called the police. But two neighbor men living together, possibly father and son, did move after the solar light theft incident.

I just don't get why my Nfh has to be so hateful and frightening. I am sure my other neighbor is bothered by her actions also, but she has not confided in me.

Now that my health is at a crisis point, these things have become unbearable. I am tired of being scared all the time and being terrorized by this woman who is such a horrible bully. My goal, if I can do is to return to the Los Angeles area where single women are more accepted. But I am starting to wonder if I will ever be strong enough to get out of here both mentally and physically.

It sounds to me like you have taken more control of your life than I have and are more at peace with your situation then I am. I am not sure how much longer I can live like this.

You might like the book called Gift of Fear, which is written by Gavin de Becker. Among other things, he does address issues that are unique to women and he is a world renowned security expert. I do remember one thing from this book where he talks about how most men do not understand the things women go through. He said that he asked man when was the last time they were afraid and most could not remember. But when he asked this of women, most said something like yesterday or a few days ago. I have read this book many times and it used to be at my local library. I know for sure that it is available on Amazon.

Thanks for sharing and I hope that things get better for you. Thank you for the good wishes

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:40 pm 
Venerable

Nfh must really be playing the victim card and crying the blues to her neighbor friend. I would not have noticed this woman going into the supermarket as I was going in, but somebody was giving me a look to kill thst naturally I looked back. It was a friend of the Nfh. If she does that again there will be a fight and I was unprepared this time. She kept eye contact with me until she left the store, staring and glaring and giving me looks to kill. I can deal with her because she's at least open about her hatred. Nfh, otoh, is very devious and creepy and looks like this doesn't bother her and that she's having the time of her life making my life miserable. What a drag to have to see these awful people. They are acting like they are the ones who were wronged. If Nfh had not of committed so many crimes against me and continued to harass me and just left me alone, this would not of happened. Unfortunately kindness and niceness are often seen as signs of weakness. However people who mess with me soon find out that I am no pushover and I will give as good as I get and maybe more. These people must be extremely miserable to concentrate all their hatred on me and to try to mess with me so much and continue to do this. I am not happy about the situation but I don't think about it 24 seven or walk around with a grudge. I did not even recognize this woman but I did look at her until I did because she kept staring at me with so much hate.

I am very glad for this board because it at least gives me a chance to vent to people that will understand even if they don't respond. I am still in a court case and so cannot openly discuss this to many places or talk about my feelings about it.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:51 pm 
Venerable

Well it is more than two months after the hearing and still no decision. What is the point of getting a restraining order against someone who appears dangerous if the court cannot react in a timely way? I filed for a civil harassment order in October and here it is in April and still no decision. The hearing itself was not even until 1/25/16. I twice filed a motion for default judgment and once for an expedited hearing and was denied all times. I am sick and tired of this hick town and their ways. I talked to someone in Albuquerque who said the courts were 'normal' there. That is, when this one guy went for a restraining order, they sent paperwork to both parties stating 'show up by this time or else there will be a default judgment.' The person he filed against did not show up so he got a TRO (temporary restraining order) and the same thing repeated for the permanent one, where again the other party did not show and he got a permanent restraining order in a few weeks.

But here? I did all the paperwork, the court did nothing but make mistakes and it is 6 months since I first filed and still not even a TRO. Last I heard (at the 1/25/16 hearing) the hearing officer wanted more time to review things? Now 2 months and no sign of any judgment on anything. I did not move to New Mexico a bigot, but with so much bad behavior of Hispanics toward me (NFH and hearing officer both Hispanic), I may become one. All the grief that has happened to me here is unbelievable. Even Hispanic friends are telling me this would not be happening to me if I was Hispanic. I tried to google this subject, but apparently it is so outrageous or rare (no decision on restraining order after 6 months), there is nothing I can find on it. If anyone had a similar experience or knows of one, please let me know. Thanks.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:51 pm 
Veteran

Something is definitely wrong. There should be an action one way or the other within at most weeks. Usually protection orders are within days.

Maybe someone dropped the ball and it fell through the cracks?

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:28 pm 
Venerable

I definitely agree bob_o. However everybody I talk to tells me there's nothing I can do. I think it is outrageous and barbaric. I called the court clerk who put my call through to the hearing officers assistant to find out what was going on. The assistant told me the hearing officer was still making her recommendations. I asked what she meant and all she said was 'she is not a judge.' When I try to get further explanation I was referred back to the court clerk who answered 'we don't give legal advice, call a lawyer.' I called my advising lawyer who told me that she will make her recommendations on the case to a judge and then a verdict be issued.' I did ask him if there was any way this could be hurried up and he said 'no.' Then I went to the court clinic, which provides free legal advice once a month and is staffed by two lawyers who work for the court, among other volunteer lawyers. When I asked him the same question I complained that it was taking too long, his response outraged me. He said the courts do not like civil harassment orders and I should not complain about waiting so long because it is such a big deal to get a civil harassment order.

I knew this was a crock of bologna and his own personal views because I have gotten one before and I know somebody else who got one in the same court within three weeks and so on. I really don't think that a person with a temporary restraining order against them is going to ruin somebody's reputation. It is not like being convicted of a felony and if it is thrown out that will show up on the court record.

I believe it is the hearing officer who dropped the ball and is on a power trip and is just a rotten person or discriminating in favor of Hispanics such as my, NFH is. The hearing officer is Hispanic and this is New Mexico after all.

I find this to be terrible conduct. If the hearing officer does not want to grant even a temporary restraining order, she should say so, in my opinion. That way I could appeal it and have it move on instead of being stuck in limbo forever in what I regard as a dangerous situation.

So according to the legal people I have talked to about this, there is nothing I can do but wait. But I believe it is common sense that this is wrong and so I am still looking into it.

Last night I again talked to the woman who got her restraining order against her neighbor in three weeks in the same court from the same hearing officer. That is more like the way it should be. She got the temporary restraining order right away, lasting for 10 days and then the permanent one and all of this was done in three weeks. Her case may have been a little more clear-cut than mine but then again she also was Hispanic. I asked her if the hearing officer had yelled at her at all and she said no. Well the hearing officer yelled at me several times in court and said some very nasty things. This other Hispanic woman just said it sounded very unprofessional to her.

I do not understand what the delay is or that there is no deadline for her to make a decision which there is a nearly every civilized court that I know of.

I do not understand how they can get away with this but the law is not perfect.

In the meantime I am trying hard to hold onto my sanity.
I have reread many posts by other people on this board, most of whom were able to come to some sort of resolution with their NFH and move on. That has not been the case with me. I have decided that the reason things are so difficult is because of New Mexico and the way they do things. They seem to make up the laws as they go along and only enforce the ones they want. It is unbelievable here how backwards things are and how many laws get broken. Someone from California told me after fleeing New Mexico ' among other things they have a felon in every family here. She also has NsFh here, although she barely stays at her house because she moved back to California. The last time she returned to her home in Santa Fe, her neighbors shot out her rear car window among other things. Needless to say they are Hispanic. When I told her of my current problems with my new neighbor, she asked me if the woman would speak to me. I said that no she would not and did not ever. She commented that her NFH had told someone that she had spoken to her once. Apparently this woman's NFH considered that a grand gesture of friendship.

I surely hope I can get out of the state. Most civilized people could not and would not believe the things that go on here. Still I keep trying. I would pretty much bet money that if I had enough money to take this all the way to the Supreme Court that they would find this was wrong. But I don't have the time or money to do that.

The closest that I can come to making sense of this abusive behavior goes back to something one of the court clinic lawyers said about other behavior by the hearing officer. She said the refusal of the hearing officer to give me a default judgment when it was called for was an abuse of judicial discretion. In other words, an abuse of her position and power. I would agree but it is still unbelievable to me that anybody could act as the hearing officer has acted and got away with it. I will still keep trying to find a way to combat this if I can dig something up and don't get killed while waiting.

It definitely does not seem right to me and I would hope there is some law saying that but so far I have not found it.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:47 pm 
Venerable

Still no decision from the court. NFH had been on a reasonably good behavior since the hearing with the exception of a few incidents. With nicer weather I wanted to go outside and also so did my dog. In the past every time I took my dog for a walk, NFH did something to intimidate me and so since I moved in my dog has only had three walks in about a year and a half. My dog started crying and acting up so I finally took her for a walk. She was very happy but sure enough NFH started acting up again. She opened her garage but I did not see her so I was hoping against hope that it was coincidence. The next day my dog went to the door like she wanted to be walked again, so I did take her out again. This time I again saw NFH's garage door was open and this time I saw her in it. It made me very nervous, especially as the landscaping gravel for me and my other next-door neighbor was again kicked all over the place. There were a few other suspicious incidents like the new rosebush I bought was knocked over and my paper was missing. Nerves were very rattled again and I cannot control my emotions even though I know intellectually she will do these things most likely. I had hoped she would start behave due to the court order that pending but apparently she just got sneakier. For about a month I didn't hear or see much from her and was starting to relax here. Without the neighbor, this really is a nice place to live and so I remembered why I picked this house in the first place. I have been beating myself up for moving here, but without her it would be a nice place to live. I have been calling hotlines and I did talk to one lady who moved because of her bad neighbor only to move to another place which also had a neighbor from hell, similar to what happened to me. I also bumped into somebody at Goodwill going through the same thing (went from one NFH to another) who was picking out blackout curtains to stop their creepy neighbor from staring at them. On my part of the street in the last year and a half, there have been five houses for sale including the one I bought. I definitely think something is wrong here as there is too many. The subdivision is nicer than the one I lived in before and the people apparently have the money to sell and move fast if things bother them. There are two houses for sale right next to each other and when I was walking my dog I did pass too yapper dogs near them who barked their heads off as soon as my dog and I walked by. That is, I see others moving due to what are obvious problems to me. I wish I had the money to do the same thing because again my neighbor is making me a nervous wreck. It also seems that more often she is also harassing my other next-door neighbor. I would bet money on the fact that if I moved out she would transfer her evil ways and harassment fully to this neighbor.

I am again afraid to go out of the house and have to leave soon for a doctors appointment and this is just not right to go have to go through this due to this evil woman. (As it turned out, I got there too late for the doctor appointment.)

I am again hoping to move and as I did before I this house, I will try to find a house where the neighbors are not nearby or there are not any neighbors. I am very happy for this board where I get at least vent. As always I welcome any input or suggestions.